Sr. Mechanical/Electrical Application Engineer
for WITTENSTEIN Inc. at US - Bartlett, IL (USA)
- Provide answers to technical questions from customers internally and externally, concerning the proper and optimum application of the full range of products.
- Analyze customer needs, then select the appropriate product that will satisfy their application. Assist Application Engineers with more complex applications.
- Assist sales and customer center departments in providing correct and detailed product information for timely and accurate quotes.
- Prepare formal presentation material and assist in giving product demonstrations and presentations in-house and at customer sites as needed.
- Assist marketing in planning, developing, and building demonstration equipment for sales channel support and trade show exhibits, including procurement of equipment, set-up, demonstration, and discussion with potential customers as needed.
- Simulate advanced customer specifications through computer program simulation to resolve problems or confirm proper sizing and control systems. This includes, but is not limited to, the advanced features in cymex and other advanced software tools, like KISSsoft, BearingX, and SAM (Synthesis & Analysis of Mechanisms).
- Qualify and test alpha products with other components on the market to ensure compatibility as needed.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay current of new developments in the field. Acquire new technology skills through attendance at in-house training seminars as well as commercial or academic training courses.
- Analyze competitive product features and performance to identify technical strengths and weaknesses with respect to our respective products and solutions as needed.
- Work with development and product engineering in Germany to recognize and diagnose chronic problems and failure mechanisms and provide solutions to improve the products.
- Create specials and product modifications for special customer applications according to the Product Development Process.
- Support production and quality departments as required to improve efficiency, troubleshoot issues, and reduce the cost of quality.
- Provide support with customer and 3rd party audits.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or mathematics curriculum is preferred.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAD design/modeling experience, preferably in Siemens NX, but any CAD experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical systems and their use.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as calculus, differential equations, analytic geometry and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work independently on single items as well as cohesively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Contact Management systems, Database software, Development Software, Manufacturing Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software, and Word Processing Software.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills as customer interaction will comprise the majority of the workday in the form of telephone and email communications.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, CRM software, and ERP systems.
- Great Place To Work Certified
- Competitive Base Salary
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Monthly medical premiums are 50% to 70% below market
- Annual deductible and copays below market
- Higher percentage of medical coverage than market
- No monthly premiums for dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Wellness Reimbursement (at 50% up to $500/year)
- Wellness Rewards Redeemed for Gift Cards
- Short-Term Disability Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Committed to being a world-class partner of intelligent mechatronic drive technology, servo systems, and mechanical components, WITTENSTEIN uses the power of science, innovation, and forward-thinking engineering to provide you cutting-edge technology for motion. Since pioneering the alpha servo planetary gear reducer in 1983, support and motion requirements from the market have continued to change and WITTENSTEIN is well positioned to deliver reliable products and services to its customers and partners.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. WITTENSTEIN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
WITTENSTEIN North America is not accepting any unsolicited 3rd party Recruiting Agencies or Temporary Worker Agencies for any of our open positions. No solicitations via phone, email, or in person are accepted at this time.