More than 15 years of experience in drive technology
for Delta robots
Varying customer requirements create major challenges for Delta robots and require continuous further development of the drives. For more than fifteen years, WITTENSTEIN has been developing and manufacturing gearbox and actuator solutions for Delta robots that are just as individual as the applications of our customers. With unique engineering experience, recognized methodological competencies and software expertise as well as a high-performance product portfolio, we offer our customers the security of a technically and economically refined drive design for highly dynamic, multidimensional movement profiles. Our success story is continuing with an extended product portfolio and new individual drive solutions for your robot concept.
Market requirements for the Delta robotics industry
The varying requirements of machine users and construction companies create major challenges when developing robot concepts.
This has an effect on the machine design and component selection.
- Lightweight construction
- High protection class
- Small footprint
- High degree of productivity
- Increased flexibility
- High degree of accuracy
- High speeds
- Low energy consumption
- Maximum safety level
Challenges for machine construction companies
- Reliable system design
- Speed and dynamics
- Resource efficiency
- Selection of components and materials
Drive and component requirements
- Highly dynamic 3D movement profiles for the tool center point (TCP) with requirements for maximum positioning accuracy
- Different vibration movements of the drives
- Resistance to vibrations
- High degree of rigidity for reducing lowfrequency vibrations
- Heterogeneous load allocation for different drives
- System interaction generates maximum torque
Drive components for your Delta robot
WITTENSTEIN can supply an array of drive solutions for your Delta robots, depending on the design and application.
The advantages of WITTENSTEIN drive solutions:
Extremely reliable gearboxes prevent cost-intensive machine breakdowns
Minimal backlash and extreme rigidity ensure maximum positioning accuracy at the tool center point (TCP).
High speeds increase machine output
Highest quality standards guarantee a long service life and extend maintenance intervals.
Consistently high performance
Constant backlash throughout the service life of the gearbox ensures a consistently high performance.
Use of an actuator further reduces inertia.
- Risk of dirt and moisture build-up under the encapsulation
- Surfaces to be cleaned are large
- Schnelle und einfache Demontage
- Extra costs (design, cleaning)
- Heat build-up under the encapsulation reduces the service life of the drive
New design freedom
- Hygienic production because the drive components are cleaned directly
- Smaller surfaces save time and cleaning costs
- Open drive system extends the service life
- High chemical / corrosion resistance
- High IP protection for optimal sealing
- Design integration Hygienic Design (the complete plant can be designed according to Hygienic Design
- High power density and dynamics
Benefits for plant manufacturers
- Integration in a plant designed according to hygienic principles
- All legal obligations fulfilled (Machinery Directive, food hygiene regulations)
- Easier production / assembly because there are fewer components
- More compact machine design
- Higher overall equipment effectiveness
- Innovative technology / competitive advantage
Benefits for operators
- Easier, faster cleaning: shorter CIP / SIP times
- Improved reliability and longer life
- Quick and easy disassembly
- Reduced consumption of cleaning materials
- Minimal costs for maintenance and repair
- Cost savings: competitive advantage and lower end user price
- Increased food safety
Is there anything you'd like to know about our products? Do you require personal advice?
If so, please contact us directly. We look forward to hearing from you!